Apply for Admission
Associate Degree or Technical Diploma
- Need assistance choosing a program? Attend an interactive Getting Started Session to confirm your career choice and begin the application process.
- International students should visit the International Students page for admissions information.
- Send official high school or GED/HSED transcripts. Transcripts must arrive at WCTC in their original sealed envelope or from a verified electronic transcript delivery service; opened transcripts will not be accepted.
- Send official college and/or military transcripts.
A placement assessment will help determine required skill level for courses. Demonstration of your reading, writing, and/or math skills can be completed in one or more of the following ways:
- High school GPA of 2.60 or above within the last fifteen years.
- Official ACT, ACCUPLACER®, Compass, Asset, GED Reasoning Through Language Arts – 2014 Series (165 or higher), or TABE Advanced test results. Scores no older than five years are accepted.
- Completed college coursework may meet this requirement in whole or in part. Courses must be in the specific area(s), and you must have earned a grade of C or better (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) in the courses.
- If none of the above apply, sign up for the ACCUPLACER® placement test.
*A placement assessment may not be required for all programs.
- Refer to the program page for additional supplemental items needed for program admission.
Next Steps After Program Acceptance
Detailed information in regard to the below steps will be mailed to admitted students approximately 4 weeks prior to New Student Registration (See College Calendar for registration dates). Registration for courses is on a first come, first served basis and students are encouraged to register early.
- Sign-up for and attend mandatory New Student Orientation
- Register for classes
- Become familiar with MyWCTC
Change My Program
Applicants or current students who want to change their program of study may do so by completing a new application for admission. The application file will be re-evaluated based upon the requirements for the new program.
- Once all admission requirements of the new program are met, the student is placed in the program contingent upon capacity.
- Applications must be submitted during the appropriate application period.
- Students must inform any financial aid provider of the change of major.
- Contact your program advisor with any questions about your program requirements. The courses under your new program may require additional testing prerequisites and/or require a change in any previously transferred-in coursework.
Cancel My Application
For applicants who need to withdraw from the application process, please complete the Cancellation of Program Application Form.