Associate of Applied Science Degree
Accountants play a critical role in the fiscal management of any business or organization – large or small. The fast-paced and ever-changing business environment depends on sound financial processing, controls and decision making. In the Accounting program, learn how to prepare, interpret and analyze financial information; master accounting fundamentals; and develop extensive computer skills in accounting- and business-based software programs. Graduates of the Accounting program will be well prepared for work in the field, and as the “business language,” training in accounting is also solid preparation for other careers.
- Prepare for jobs such as accountant, accounts payable assistant, accounts receivable clerk or accounting supervisor.
- Incoming students may earn credit for prior learning for specific high school accounting or business courses.
- Program-to-program transfer opportunities area available in Accounting programs at Carroll University, Concordia University and Mount Mary College. In addition, select program credits may transfer to other institutions.
- Additional short-term certificates in Accounting in Healthcare, Computerized Accounting and International Accounting can be completed and serve as a complement to the Accounting degree program.
- Evening completion and hybrid/online classes are available.
- Wages of recent graduates per Graduate Follow-up Report
- Salary Range: $31,000-$54,000
- Average Salary: $38,201
- Median Salary: $36,706
- Average Entry-Level Salary: $34,059
- Average Hourly Wage: $18.07
- Three-year Average Salary: $36,319
* (Prerequisites or substitutes may apply to this class.)
View course descriptions of all required courses
View course descriptions of all required courses
Credit Transfer Opportunities
WCTC has agreements with local high schools and various four-year colleges and universities that enable students to transition more seamlessly from high school to WCTC to four-year colleges. Transcripted credit agreements provide high school students the opportunity to take WCTC courses at their high schools. Agreements with four-year colleges enable WCTC graduates in selected programs to transfer credits, often at junior-level standing. Agreements currently in place for this program are listed below.
High School Transfer Opportunities
WCTC Credits Awarded
Four Year College Transfer Opportunities
|Alverno College||BA in Management Accounting||up to 70|
|Bellevue University||Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Science||up to 68|
|Capella University||Bachelor of Science in Business, Business Administration||up to 90|
|Cardinal Stritch||Bachelor of Science in Management, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Strategic Management of Information Systems, Bachelor of Science in Human Services Management||68|
|Carroll University||Accounting||up to 64|
|Concordia University||Accounting||Junior Standing|
|Concordia University||Bachelor of Science in Business||junior status|
|Concordia University||Baccalaureate Degree||up to 80|
|DeVry University||Bachelor of Science In Business Administration||up to 55|
|DeVry University||Bachelor of Science in Technical Management||up to 55|
|Franklin University||Bachelor of Science (various)||Junior Standing|
|Herzing University||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration||up to 58|
|Marquette University-College of Professional Studies||Bachelor of Science in Leadership and Organizations||up to 60|
|Mount Mary College||Accounting||71|
|MSOE||Bachelor of Science in Management||junior status|
|Ottawa University||Bachelor of Arts - Accounting||up to 80 cr|
|Ottawa University||Bachelor of Arts||up to 80|
|Rasmussen College||Bachelor Degree in Accounting||69|
|Silver Lake College||Bachelor of Science (various)||Minimum of 60|
|U of Phoenix||Bachelor of Science (various)||varies|
|Upper Iowa University||Bachelor of Science||up to 78|
|UW-Green Bay||Bachelor of Applied Studies Online||Junior Status|
|UW-Oshkosh||Bachelor of Applied Studies in Leadership & Organizational Studies||59|
|UW-Platteville||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Accounting||up to 20|
|UW-Stout||Bachelor of Science in Management||up to 68|
|UW-Stout||B.S. Career, Technical Education & Training||up to 60|
|Wisconsin Lutheran College||Bachelor of Science in Business Management & Leadership||63|
UW-System Credit Transfer
If you are interested in attending a UW-campus, you should contact a transfer representative at the campus you plan to attend. You may also check credit transfer agreements between WCTC and the UW System to tell you which specific courses and general education classes may be accepted.
Important Cautionary Note:
This information is intended as a general description. Please verify the availability and details of the program that interests you with the transfer coordinator at the receiving institution.
Meet your Instructor
- BS, Accounting, Valparaiso University
- MS, Management and Organizational Science, University of Wisconsin --Milwaukee
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), State of Wisconsin
"My teaching philosophy emphasizes collaboration, partnership, encouragement, accountability, growth and mutual respect in the meeting of the shared goal of student learning and success."
- BBA, Accounting, University of Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
- MS, Taxation, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- M.Ed. – Carroll University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
"My goal is for my students to know more about income tax and financial planning at the end of the class than they did at the beginning."
- BS, Accounting, University of Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
- Master of Education/Professional Development, University of Wisconsin -- Whitewater
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
"My teaching goal is to make sure my students have employable skills. And my resulting philosophy centers around flexibility, inquiry and change to match the demands of the workplace for knowledge application, master of technology and effective communication skills."