Graphic Design, and Web and Digital Media Design
Earn both associate degrees in three years
Students who are interested in taking both the Graphic Design, and Web and Digital Media Design programs can do so under the new, joint offering, which can lead toward a path to two associate degrees in three years.
The dual degree option maximizes synergies between the Graphic Design program and Web and Digital Media Design program through the sharing of resources, such as faculty expertise, facilities and community programs.
Also, those taking the dual degree option will graduate with additional skills, making them more marketable to both industries.
The joint option features an abbreviated schedule, a diverse environment, and enhanced opportunities for collaboration and networking.
The Graphic Design, and Web and Digital Media Design option totals 98 credits, and it is structured to be completed over six semesters. If the programs were taken separately, the total number of credits for both would total 135, which is a 37-credit difference.
For those who are not interested in the joint option and want to focus on one specific area, the individual 68-credit Graphic Design and 67-credit Web and Digital Media Design programs are still available and can be completed in two years.
- Prepare for jobs such as graphic designer, designer, production artist, web designer, web developer, online development specialist or interactive developer.
- Internship experiences provide technical, hands-on learning in real-world settings.
- Options for extracurricular activities include participation in Web Design Club and/or the Technical Association of the Graphic Arts (TAGA).
- Membership in industry-specific clubs provides opportunities to compete in statewide and national competitions.
- Opportunities are available for credits to transfer into other institutions.
- In addition to the general admissions process, prospective students will need to complete a Creative Review, which includes an essay and portfolio presentation.
- Students are required to purchase a Mac laptop for use in the program. Shop Now at the WCTC Apple Store for Education and start saving.
- All graduating students are required to participate in the Graphics Portfolio Review.
- Wages (Graphic Design) of recent graduates per Graduate Follow-up Report
- Three-year average salary for full-time related employment:$35,214
- Wages (Web and Digital Media Design) of recent graduates per Graduate Follow-up Report
- Three-year average salary for full-time related employment:$36,953