WCTC's Fitness Center serves as a resource for students and employees to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Credit students and employees receive a free membership to the Fitness Center.
A WCTC myCard is required to access the facility. Get your WCTC myCard at the Service Desk located in the Student Enrichment Center, B-110 and complete a registration form here for access using a WCTC campus computer. Questions regarding Fitness Center access can be directed to the service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.691.5555.
Classes and Personal Training
Fitness Courses are offered to WCTC Staff and current WCTC students registered for at least one credit. Students and staff must have their myCard (available at the Library, C220) as well as their waiver signed (by clicking on the registration link below) to enter the fitness facility where the fitness classes are held.
You may view a full course listing and register on MyWCTC.
View and register for our workshops, orientations, fitness assessments, personal training sessions, and free classes for staff and students. Follow below steps:
- Login to myWCTC
- Navigate to the Resources page/tab
- Go to the Fitness Center link
Member Rules and Guidelines
To ensure a positive experience at the WCTC Fitness Center, we ask those using the facility to follow a few simple guidelines. The center is an unsupervised facility and no attendant is on duty, so members exercise at their own risk. The facility is monitored by video surveillance.
- Be at least 18 years of age and complete appropriate membership forms prior to receiving myCard access.
- Agree to and sign an Acknowledgment of Risk and Acceptance of Responsibility form.
- Acknowledge they are physically able to engage in any activity, program or training provided.
- Clean machines and equipment after use.
- Refrain from bringing guests to the center, which includes sharing your myCard with a non-member or letting multiple people into the facility. Anyone granting non-members access to the center may have their membership revoked.
- Accept full responsibility for all personal belongings.
- Wear proper gym attire: shirts and clean athletic shoes must be worn at all times.
- Keep hands and feet away from moving parts.
- Review the directions posted on or near the machine, if unfamiliar with equipment.
- Return weights and equipment to their storage area after use.
- Use of free weights over 50 pounds is prohibited.
- Do not attempt to repair or adjust any equipment that has malfunctioned.
- Report accidents to the Environmental Health and Safety Office at 262.691.5226 within 24 hours of the incident; report facility issues to WCTC's Wellness Coordinator at 262.695.3454.
General facility usage:
- Tobacco, food and beverages (except for water) are prohibited in center and gym.
- Personal music devices are recommended. TV audio will be muted with closed captioning.
- Please adhere to the 30-minute time limit on cardio equipment when others are waiting.
- The phone is to be used for emergencies or maintenance issues only.
- Damage to any WCTC property is the responsibility of the individual involved.
- Elliptical Machines
- Upright and recumbent bikes
- Rowing Machines
- Cardio - Climber
- Multi-station weight machine
- Free Weights
- Functional Fitness Equipment
- Stability Balls
- Resistance Bands
- Medicine Balls
Fitness Center Specialist
Why did you decide to work in the fitness industry?
Being active in sports at a young age and continuing to make exercise a part of my lifestyle made me very interested in learning more about how exercise can be beneficial for everyone. I started in group exercise teaching Zumba and after seeing the enthusiasm and energy from the participants, I was addicted! I branched out to other group exercise classes such as kickboxing, cycling, Pilates, and water aerobics and decided this was my calling. During my undergraduate and my internship, I learned all about fitness testing and personal training for functionality, maximizing workouts, and how to effectively and efficiently meet individual's goals. Seeing many successes in my clients and my own personal goals has made me very passionate about this field and drove me to go on for my Masters in Exercise Physiology.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Master of Science, Exercise Physiology
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology
- AFAA Personal Trainer
- YMCA Group Exercise Certified
- American Red Cross CPR, AED, First AID Certified