Internship experiences and internships allow students to learn by doing. They gain hands-on, practical work experience - while getting paid - in their areas of study and, at the same time, earn (up to six) college credits.
Internship experiences benefit both students and the employers.
The experience allows students to:
- Become immersed in real-world job settings.
- Combine supervised part-time work with classroom instruction.
- Acquire job-related skills and experience in a chosen field.
- Secure future job references.
Employers benefit by:
- Making connections and developing partnerships with WCTC.
- Being able to screen potential new hires.
- Contributing to developing a skilled workforce.
- Sharing expertise and knowledge with students as it applies to specific industries.
Internship eligibility requirements - students must:
- Be in third or fourth semester of study.
- Possess at least a 2.0 GPA. (some programs require a higher GPA)
- Be approved by the Internship office.
- A student's current job may be used as an internship experience but duties may need to be expanded upon.
To enroll in an Internship program:
- Contact a Internship representative (see list below) to begin the process.
- Fill out an application, complete the form and email it to the appropriate internship representative for your WCTC program. A completed form may also be printed and given to the internship representative.
- Visit one centralized online location to post and manage an unlimited number of positions
- Set parameters for your position openings
- Have students’ resumes e-mailed directly to you when they apply for your position
- Electronically confirm that students have been hired
- Complete all internship evaluations online
- Much more!
- Business Management
- Criminal Justice Studies
- Global Business Specialist
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Management Development
- Printing and Publishing
- Real Estate
- Web & Digital Media
- Architectural Drafting/Construction Technology
- Automation Systems Technology
- Baking/Pastry Management
- Culinary Management
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Hospitality Management
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Mechanical Design
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Advanced Metal Fabrication/Welding
- Administrative Professional
- IT Computer Support Specialist
- IT Network Specialist
- IT Web and Software Developer
We are excited to announce the launch of our new internship recruitment system InternConnect. This system streamlines our internship process and allows you to recruit current WCTC program students that are approved to participate in our internship program. Created with you in mind, this new system allows participating employers the ability to:
Visit InternConnect to begin recruiting students today. We would be happy to send you an Employer User Guide to help you set up your account, post positions, and recruit qualified WCTC students.
Reminder: InternConnect is not replacing Wisconsin TechConnect. It is meant to complement this already great online system. InternConnect will solely be used by WCTC students looking for internship positions.
We are improving the process used to connect you to program relevant internships! WCTC’s new internship system, InternConnect, will be available for you to log on and create a profile.
In this new system, you will be able to upload a professional resume, search for and apply to internship positions, and upload your internship course documents.
When InternConnect is officially live, we will send another email to provide you with the website address, your username and password. You will also be emailed a Student User Guide to assist you with this new process.
Use of this system will be mandatory to apply for and secure a Fall 2014 or later internship. You will also use this system during your WCTC internship course. Please contact our office to be approved to participate in the internship program and we will e-mail you your login information for InternConnect. If you already have an account please go to the website below to login and start your career search.