New Student Orientation (NSO)
Congratulations and welcome to Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC)!
You are now a member of the WCTC family. Your next step in the journey is to attend New Student Orientation. We're excited to have you join our diverse, academically challenging and student-centered campus community. We understand that transitioning to college is a new experience; we hope this event will address concerns and answer questions you may have, as well as energize you about completing this new adventure!
About New Student Orientation:
New Student Orientation is required for ALL newly admitted program students (new, transferring and returning). Students will not be able to register for courses until they attend an orientation. A list of exempted programs can be found to the right of the page.
New Student Orientation is 4 to 5 hours long with dedicated time split between College orientation, program sessions and, registering for courses. Students must stay for the entire orientation for the registration hold to be released.
- Refreshments will be served.
- Students may bring one guest.
- Young children and infants should not be brought to orientation.
At New Student Orientation, students will learn about:
- Advising and registration (plan your first semester schedule and register for courses).
- Campus culture and involvement.
- College resources.
- Financial aid.
- Program Specifics (connecting with key faculty).
To register for New Student Orientation:
The registration process for New Student Orientation will take 15 minutes or less.
- Click the "next step" link below.
- To register, please enter your WCTC username and password (default password is your student ID, unless you have logged in and changed it). If you are having difficulty logging in, please contact the Service Desk at 262.691.5555.
- Upload your picture with our myPhoto app (you may bypass this step, but will be required to take a picture the day of orientation).
- Select your program area, choose the date you wish to attend, and select (YES or NO) if you want to attend a tour BEFORE the orientation begins.
Sign-up and attend an earlier New Student Orientation session for best course selection. Registration for courses is on a first-come, first-served basis and high-demand courses can fill quickly. The number of seats available for a course can be found by using the class search. Questions? Please call Registration at 262.691.5566.
Please contact the Student Life office at 262.691.5302 for more information or if you require special accommodations for this session.