Facts About WCTC
Waukesha County Technical College is one of 16 member colleges of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). The century-old WTCS is the major provider of customized training and technical assistance to Wisconsin’s business and industry community. State technical colleges award two-year associate degrees, one- and two-year technical diplomas, short-term certificates and customized training.
- 21,187 annual enrollment
- 6,994 enrolled in associate of applied science degree courses
- 2,037 enrolled in technical diploma courses
- 359 enrolled in apprentice-related training
- 3,960 full-time equivalency (FTE) of college enrollment
- 1,220 enrolled in personal enrichment courses
- 6,260 high school students took WCTC courses through partnership agreements
- 11,112 Adults enrolled in continuing education (includes Center for Business Performance Solutions)
* Students may be enrolled in more than one of these areas.
- 51% Males
- 49% Females
- 20% Ethnic Minorities
- 26 Median age
- WCTC awarded 1,894 Associate of Applied Science and Technical Diplomas in 2014-15.
- 2014-15 graduates completed programs as follows:
- 723 Associate of Applied Science
- 1,171 Technical Diplomas
- 98% of WCTC graduates were 'satisfied' or 'very satisfied' with their education.
- 94% of graduates in the job market were employed six months after graduation.
- 28% of 2014-15 graduates were continuing in school.
- The median salary of 2014-15 graduates working in their fields was $36,372.
- 97% of employed WCTC graduates work in Wisconsin: 88% in the Milwaukee/Waukesha Metropolitan statistical area.
**Based on respondent information provided in the Graduate Follow-up Report.
Student Success Statistics
Postsecondary institutions are require to provide prospective students with indicators of prior student success. WCTC’s “Graduation Rate” as defined by the Department of Education is a four-year average rate of first-time, full-time degree seeking students completing a program within 150% of expected time to degree. For example, an Associate Degree program is generally considered a two-year program, thus students completing an Associate Degree within three years are counted toward the graduation rate. For 2015-16, WCTC’s graduation rate is 34% and the Student Right to Know Graduation Rate (the average of the last four years’ graduation rates) is 32%.
Some first-time full-time students will opt to transfer to another institution prior to completing a degree. This is known as WCTC’s transfer-out rate. As of 2015-16, WCTC’s Student Right-to-know transfer-out rate was 11%.
Student Success Statistics contact information: Viktor Brenner, Institutional Research Coordinator, 262.691.5577