Facts About WCTC
Waukesha County Technical College is one of 16 member colleges of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). The century-old WTCS is the major provider of customized training and technical assistance to Wisconsin’s business and industry community. State technical colleges award two-year associate degrees, one- and two-year technical diplomas, short-term certificates and customized training.
- 23,493 total enrollment
- 8,183* enrolled in associate of applied science degree courses
- 2,398* enrolled in technical diploma courses
- 234* enrolled in apprentice-related training
- 11,927* enrolled in personal improvement courses
- 4,281 high school students took WCTC courses through partnership agreements
- 4,625 full-time equivalency of college enrollment
* Students may be enrolled in more than one of these areas.
- 49% Males
- 51% Females
- 22% Ethnic Minorities
- 26 Median age
- WCTC awarded 1,810 Associate of Applied Science and Technical Diplomas in 2011-12.
- 2011-12 graduates completed programs as follows:
683 Associate of Applied Science
1,127 Technical Diplomas
- 98% of WCTC graduates were 'satisfied' or 'very satisfied' with their education.
- 90% of graduates in the job market were employed six months after graduation.
- 21% of 2011-12 graduates were continuing in school.
- The median salary of 2011-12 graduates working in their fields was $33,000.
- 98% of employed WCTC graduates work in Wisconsin: 89% in the Milwaukee/Waukesha Metropolitan statistical area.
**Based on respondent information provided in the 2011-2012 Graduate Follow-up Report.