Career Development Services
The Career Center at WCTC provides adults and youth with tools for career planning and conducting a job search. Choosing a career is a multi-step process. It involves learning about yourself and the occupations you are considering in order to make an informed decision. Individuals using Career Development Services will learn that self-awareness of their interests, strengths, values, skills, personality and decision-making style will give them tools that can be applied to a variety of situations.
How to Choose a WCTC Program
You can follow the step by step guide below that will assist you in choosing a satisfying program of study that aligns with your interests, skills, values, and life circumstances.
- Explore Career Options
- Take the Career Clusters Quiz, to see which educational programs at WCTC may match your interests and skills. View Career Clusters
- Take a Work Style Quiz to find out which careers are a good fit for you.
- For additional career assessments, attend Kick Start Your Career. Workshop Schedule
- Look at the Programs and Courses that WCTC has to offer which match your results from the Career Clusters Quiz.
- Research job descriptions and outlook for programs that you are interested in.
- Utilize Worknet to research the expected salaries for entry level and experienced professionals in your career of interest in Wisconsin. (Click on Wage Comparison, then enter the job title.)