How to Apply to an Associate Degree or Diploma
International Students should visit the Global Education page for admissions information.
- You are encouraged to attend an interactive Getting Started Session to confirm your career choice and begin the application process. Academic Advisors and Career Specialists will be there to assist you.
- Complete the application for admission (Note program application deadlines). This can be done one of three ways:
- In-person at the Admissions office in the College Center, Room C-019
- Via paper application printed from the website and mailed or dropped off to WCTC
- Send official high school, GED/HSED or college (if applicable) transcripts to WCTC. Transcripts must arrive at WCTC in their original sealed envelope; opened transcripts will not be accepted.
- Send official college and/or military transcripts, when applicable.
- University/college coursework completed outside the United States must be submitted to an educational credentialing agency for an official evaluation of earned foreign credentials. Only course-by-course evaluation reports will be accepted. Educational Credential Evaluators is an example of one such agency.
- This test, which assesses reading, writing and math skills, is used as a tool to aid in coursework selection and academic planning.
- Once the application and fee has be has been submitted to WCTC, sign up for a testing session.
- Please note: ACT or Accuplacer entrance exams may exempt students from taking the COMPASS exam. Test scores must be from the past five years.
- Refer to the program page for additional supplemental items needed for program admissions or contact the Admissions office at 262.691.5200.
Next Steps After Program Acceptance
Detailed information in regard to the below steps will be mailed to admitted students approximately 4 weeks prior to New Student Registration (See College Calendar for registration dates).
- Sign-up for and attend mandatory New Student Orientation
- Plan for Registration
- Register for classes.
Change Programs or Cancel an Application
Applicants or current students who want to change their program of study may do so by completing a new application for admission. The application file will be re-evaluated based upon the requirements for the new program.
- Once all admission requirements of the new program are met, the student is placed in the program contingent upon capacity.
- Applications must be submitted during the appropriate application period. Please see our application deadlines list for more information.
- Students must inform any financial aid provider of the change of major.
- Contact your program advisor with any questions about your program requirements. The courses under your new program may require additional testing prerequisites and/or require a change in any previously transferred-in coursework.
For applicants who need to withdraw from the application process, please complete the Cancellation of Program Application Form.